Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Happy 101 Award~



I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise ~ Cheryl over at Heritage Happens and Carol from Reflections From The Fence, awarded me with the wonderful Happy 101 Award.

Thank you Cheryl and Carol, it's an honor receiving this award from you both! You both have put a smile on my face to last a week and it truly makes me Happy! Like Carol, I believe that things come to you when you need them the most! This was right on time.

So, the responsibilities that go with this award are as follows. I am to list 10 things that make me happy.



1. My grand kids and daughter, they are so precious.

2. My childhood best friend Sandy, and my sister in law, Honor, they both have been there for me thru thick and thin, and always bring happiness to my life.

3. My mom, who is also my best friend.

4. Genealogy and my genea~friends, I have made some very wonderful friendships here and treasure them.

5. My card making and beautiful papers.

6. Hot tea, I have always loved hot tea and drink it all day long, it soothes my soul and makes me feel good. I drink Green tea all during the day and Chamomile in the evening.

7. Chocolate and chocolate with my tea!

8. Taking and looking at photos. Ever since I was a little girl I have always loved looking at photos and I surround myself with photos of family and friends. Each time I look at them, it makes me happy.

9. My husband and all that he does for me.

10. Knowing that I have made a difference in someones life by helping or just being there.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~ Ten very deserving blogs that I want to pass this award to ~

1. My Nola Heritage ~ Felicia

2. Herstoryan ~

3. I Never Knew My Father ~ Sandra

4. Bayside Blog~ Missy

5. Little Bytes of Life ~ Elizabeth

6. Patton Genealogy ~ John

7. Where I Come From ~ Robin

8. Tricks Of The Tree ~ Michael Hait

9. Destination: Austin Family ~ Thomas MacEntee

10. The Shy Genealogist ~ Lisa

Since I was nominated twice, I am going to go over and pick a few more, it's so hard to just pick ten! ~

11. Our Georgia Roots ~ Luckie

12. LowCountry Africana ~ Toni

13. footnoteMaven ~ fm

Ok, I better stop, because if it was up to me, I would nominate everyone and that's not fair if I keep going! I know I need to leave some for others to pick. Each and everyone one listed and not listed have wonderful blogs that offer and contribute so much to us. I appreciate each and everyone of you and love reading your blogs. Thank you for all you do and give to all of us. Please check out these wonderful blogs if you haven't done so before, and leave a comment letting them know you stopped by. Now I too am off to let these blogs know they have an award waiting to be picked up.

5 comments:

Carol said...

So glad it was ON time! Have a great week, blog on!

Michael Hait said...

Thanks a lot!

sjtaliaferro said...

Thanks, Gini. I really appreciate this. You are too kind.
Thanks my friend!

Sandra

Luckie said...

Thanks Gini for offering me a dose of cupcake sweetness -- I'm honored! I'll be sure to ping you when the post goes up & remember to check OGR for my response to your comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit & share!:-)

Luckie.

P.S. I've also added Ginisology to my blogs we ♥ list!:-)

Herstoryan said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking of me. I love blog icing! :)